Mayan Palace Vidanta Riviera Maya Vacation Ownership Review

My wife and I have been lured into 2 Mayan palace presentations over the last year: one in Puert Vallarta a second in Mayan Riviera. Modus operandi was the same in both cases: extravagant and persistent gift offers at the airport for a 90 min presentation and breakfast. In both cases we were not told with which hotel we had agreed to visit til after accepting. Always ask first and DO NOT GO to Gran Mayan. The sales group is very good at what they do and they will rip you off.

In Puerto we actually caved after a 3 hour pressure tactic. Fortunately, we did not buy a membership but we did purchase a far less expensive contract for "weeks". Later, reading over the fine print in my hotel and after reading online other people's experiences I realized we had been duped! However, we called the very next day and demanded to rescind the contract be paid back. This required is to spend another afternoon returning to the Mayan for an appointment.

Needless to say, we were not treated politely when we appeared. We were forced to wait for over an hour and ignored. Finally a guy who looked like a hit man for the mafia took us into a room and sat across from us at his desk. When we told him once again to refund us and tear up the contract he began yelling at us and threatening to sue us. My wife opened her iPhone and began to film him at which point he screamed at her and tried to grab her phone. We ran out of the room yelling to everyone that we were being physically attacked! Finally a young woman appeared and completed the contract rescind and refunded our credit card.

We were again lured into a MayN presentation at a car rental in the Cancun airport. We were tired and once again the sales guy didn't say which hotel till we agreed! We attended the presentation but made it extremely clear at the very start we would not buy anything. The presentation was still excessively long but we simply told them no not interested, over and over. Eventually we were released and we did receive our gifts. Not nearly worth the time we wasted I will add.

I have been to a number of presentations over the years and most use similar tactics but none are as hard ball as Mayan and Vidanta! Do not attend no matter what they offer because you will surely regret it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Mayan Palace Vidanta Riviera Maya Vacation Ownership.

Mayan Palace Timeshare Fraud

I bought a time share at Mayan Palace as an investment and was told I could use the equity to purchase a one or two bedroom. They have totally lied about everything they said they were going to do.

They are impossible to contact. They said they fired the manager who originally sold the time share to me I do not believe that happend. The same sales person sold my Girlfriend a time share that I heard him say they would sale her time share for exchange for hers because she was trying to get out of her old one. She signed the papers and was stucked with two.

They completely lied to her and continue to do so. She had not had any success in resolving her issue with the same time share company. She also had another couple that were friends of hers that bought and they were lied to and promised a bunch of stuff. Tired of so many lies, we found a company that cancel timeshares, we contact them for a free consultation.

They sent us a contract where was established if they do not cancel our contract we do not have to pay anything to them.

They got the cancellation of 2 of our contracts and they are working in our other contract. we are happy we the results and we want to share with others in order to avoid more injustice from Grupo Mayan.

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #1233894

When your girlfriend signed the documents, she was given a credit on the purchasing price for the timeshare she was trading-in. It takes 30 to 60 days for Vidanta Resorts (the developer of Sea Garden, Mayan Palace, Grand Mayan, Grand Bliss, and Grand Luxxe) to forward the transfer agreement to the company handling the transaction.

The transfer company then contacts the seller (usually by email) and forwards documentation for completion and signature.

When the seller returns those documents (along with the fee stated in the agreement), the transfer company begins the process which results in the transfer of the property within a year. Right to Use (vacation clubs) transfer faster than deeded properties, and those resorts with the right of first refusal take the longest time.

Mayan Palace - Wish I had checked the reviews

What a scam. We were lead to believe that once we purchased weeks we could turn any back in that we didn't want and sell them back to the company.

What a laugh!! Don't believe anything they tell you. We spent $13,000 for three weeks and were told that we could use one and sell two back to the company each year. In fact they took the first two years, back from us as part of the purchase price, indicating that it was standard to sell weeks back to the company.

Now when I call they basically tell me I am crazy and it isn't in the contract. Yes, they are right, shame on me that I didn't' read the contract front to back before signing. Shame on me for believing that people would be ethical. NOT!

Now I have to pay over $600 to use a week that we already paid for. What a scam. One is required and the other two we can use but only if we also pay $600 for them. Sheesh.

I can stay a lot of place for $600 without paying out the $13,000 to buy in. I feel like an *** for trusting these people.

How do they live with themselves. I guess very well with all the money they scam from suckers like me.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Timeshare sales, Sales team, Lies.

Comments

Try reserving a specific week. Then post that week on E-bay or some other similar service. Another option would be to give away a week as a Christmas or Birthday present.

Mayan palace ruined my life and still is 10 years later

Mayan Palace has ruined my life. I believed in their false promises in return I’m stuck with this useless membership which has cost me thousands of dollars.

Mayan Palace timeshare is a SCAM! I visited Mexico. We stayed at a hotel, we went to Playa Del Carmen. In one of the shops a guy approached me and my child and asked if we could help him out by going to a 45 minute presentation at Mayan Palace.

I was pressured and tricked into signing a contract for 30 years membership with Mayan Palace. When I came back to USA I wanted to find a way to get out of the contract, but it was almost impossible. I am still paying for a 20 years and am disabled and can not used it. I have spent $15k dollars on various scams over the years with promising to sell it.

Tired of wasting our money I called a Mayan Palace and they offer to help resell the contract. They referred me to a Broker company and paid $500 and after two years this company disappeared. I am still fighting to get this cancelled. My parents died from cancer I went on this trip to calm down and be away from stress, now I have nothing, being a single mom and can not afford to do anything.

I wish I never went to mexico all I want is be cleared of this contract since 2004 and I just need help, mayan palace is full of lies, and take your money and nothing is done to help you, I have been fighting them since 2004 before I die I want this cleared no more contacts. I have nothing to leave for my child because I trusted mayan palace timeshare representative and thought I was getting a vacation package for my child and myself to enjoy life, that has not been the case since this scam got me and took all of my money. I thought I would be able to enjoy life and vacation, something I never had a chance to do since 2004 after my parents died. MY best fried died from cancer, I saved every penny and gave it all away in this SCAM IT IS NOW 2016 and my health is has gotten worst, I am still stressing over this MAYAN PALACE SCAM.

I have contacted them for years with no help from the staff , customer service department, NOT ONE CALL FROM MAYAN PALCE OR EMAIL. I have been fighting for years just to get my money back and to end this contract hopefully God will send an angel my way with a solution and my money. Life is short and nobody should have to be in a STRESSFUL situation and be ill and disabled. Immediately I called Mayan Palace only to be put on hold.

To this day still NO ONE HAS CONTACTED ME. I GOT A EMAIL TELLING ME I OWE THEM 700.00 FOR ENOVATION UPDATE .I have business cards and left several messages and emails, still till this day no one has look into and call me back. OVER 10 YEARS LATER AND NO ONE HAS CALLED ME OR EMAILED ME, Mayan Palace has ruined my life. But they still have time to send me a bill for 700.00 saying I have to pay them every five years and amount will increase, I believed in their false promises in return I’m stuck with this useless membership which has cost me thousands of dollars AND BEING DISABLED I CAN NOT USE IT.

Be careful they DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU AT ALL.

Do not get trapped by this scam.grupomayanblog@grupovidanta.com or by telephone at 1-800-292-9446.NO ONE EVER CALLED ME BACK OR REPLYED TO MY EMAILS! I got there email for 700.00 telling me I owe them by end of august 2016 for renovation update for the resort.

Comments

Unfortunately Mayan Palace is one of the most fraudulent resorts!!!! I also had a bad experience with them, the way they treated me, and all the lies i've heard.The worst thing is that once you fall into their scam tactics it's almost impossible to get out.Here's a list of complaints about this resort i've found recently,you should take a look: http://www.timesharescam.com/timeshare-complaints-resorts-black-list/3-mayan-palace-timeshare-complaints/Don't give up, i still have hope that sooner or later we are going to make a difference against those thieves.

#1196622

How old is the child in your story? We can't let them know you have children.

In the contract some time share companies will claim children under the age of 18. They then use the children around various resorts to repay the debt

Mayan Palace - VIDA scam

In a nutshell everything we were told were lies:

The promise was that since they were taking our timeshare off our hands we would never have to worry about maintenance fees again because they don't charge any fees. After returning home from our trip and reading all the small print I realized there were fees, also this was a 10 year contract not a lifetime as promised.

My biggest concern is the transfer of our timeshare. TRM called and spoke a number of times with us and each time we asked a question Nathan wouldn't answer the question, he would have some long winded story that never answered my question. He also said we could keep our timeshare and that VIDA would still get their money on the back end, how is that possible, again no straight answer. Things just don't add up - Nothing we have been told has been true, NOTHING!

Again, There is no annual maintenance fee. NOT TRUE! You only pay a usage fee when you want to use or exchange a week in any given year. NOT TRUE!

We will buy your existing timeshare. NOT TRUE! Vida dollars don't expire.

NOT TRUE! I could go on and on...and I will to everyone who will listen!

Comments

Your complaint lacks specificity. You didn't tell us which product you purchased.

In Nuevo Vallarta, Mayan Palace has 2 products: one inside the compound, and older buildings outside the compound. It is a tier system: you can use all amenities at your level and any lower level. Inside the Vidanta compound, Mayan Palace is at the lowest level (you cannot use any pools at the Grand Mayan, the Grand Bliss, or the Grand Luxxe. Depending upon the membership you purchased, maintenance fees are only assessed for the year of use (if you don't use your membership you don't pay).

The rate for renewal of 10 year contracts is stated in the contract. It sounds like you may have purchased a foreclosed or a product that has been traded-in for an upgraded product. The sales person begins the presentation assuming you will purchase the latest most extensive product.

As you decline offers, lesser offers are presented for older products. Sometimes the rules applicable to the older products are less than those applied to higher-end products.

Mayan Palace Vidanta Riviera Maya Vacation Ownership Review from Bennettsville, South Carolina

I paid $26K for one of these 8 years ago. It was good for the 1st 3 times we went.

All of a sudden they could not provide me a 2 bedroom any longer for multiple dates I offered. They tried to get me to take the studio instead. I asked them what the *** I had given them 26K for plus $900/ year. Never did get the thing straight.

Biggest rip-off I've ever gotten conned into and I'm no dummy.

Problem is they lie right to your face. Difficult to believe people are really like that in the world, but these *** bags take the cake.

Comments

Your review isn't very informative. Which product did you purchase (sea Garden, Mayan Palace, etc.).

What size unit did you purchase? Did you purchase a fixed week, floating week, or points? Do you have any black-out dates?

When were you denied a 2 bedroom? What dates were you attempting to reserve?

Mayan Palace - Rip off from the start

Cleanliness
Facilities and Services
Quality of Accommodation
Quality of Food

I purchased from this company while in Mex. several years ago.

I made a down payment of 12,000 and set up payments for the remainder. I was under pain management medications and given a several drinks by the resort and they were aware that I was on drugs when they got me to sign the contract. After numerous phone calls and trying to work something out. For example, I tried to exchange my time share property that sleeps six for a unit for 2 and they would not consider it.

I have not used any of my time and paid in a total of $16000.00.

They are a total rip off and are pissed that they are not getting the last $5,000. I would warn all buyers to stay away and go the Temptation Resorts where I have been a member for years.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Timeshare sales, Sales team, Lies, Many things, Customer service and reservations.

Comments

kennykscott

They have changed the name to Vida Vacations now. This is more than likely due to all the complaints.