Don’t buy from Vida Vacations! Mayan Palace/ Mayan resorts!

Caborca A2 24, Sonoyta - Puerto Peñasco, Ejido Miramar, 83550 Puerto Peñasco, Son., Mexico 1 comment
4.4
Quality of Food

I bought into the timeshare with Vida Vacations. I believed their lies and their vision for Puerto Penasco.

After bringing 25 people, I was denied access to the side that I pay over 6k a year for. In addition to the benefits that are stipulated in my contract. No one could help me. I spent over half a day arguing with different people who kept telling me they “weren’t familiar with my contract?” AND the contract I upgraded to, is no longer happening.

Therefore, unless I upgrade, I’m screwed! They will say anything to sell you something. I’m smarter than my actions displayed. I thought I this as buying into something for my family and their future.

I won’t make another payment. Nor ever go back! Go on Airbnb! Tons of places to stay!

The waiters and housekeeping people are just wonderful. That’s the only thing they’ve done right.

Review about: Grand Luxxe Vacation Ownership.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

Your complaint doesn't state what you purchased. I believe the plan is not to construct a Bliss, Grand Bliss, or Grand Luxxe at Puerto Penasco.

However, it is my understanding that East Cape will have the Grand Luxxe, and possibly the Grand Bliss. Nuevo Vallarta has all brands except the Bliss. I believe Riviera Maya (between Cancun and Playa del Carmen) is the only location to have all brands, except the Sea Garden.

Since you are interested in Puerto Penasco, I suggest you contact Member Services, and request they survey all members, who purchased your brand at Puerto Penasco. Ask Vida Vacations to propose a suitable solution.

Mayan Palace - Vidanta Riviera Maya Cancun

Km 48 Cancun Playa del Carmen, Carr. Federal, 77710 Riviera Maya, Q.R., Mexico 0 comments
4.3
Quality of Food

Valeu a pena comprar e mesmo com medo inicialmente, vi que era somente eu que nao sabia usar o programa, o problema todo é nós nao sabermos usar tudo que compramos. Tive medo quando comprei no Vidanda a propriedade do club de férias, mas após ligar para o Concierge, ela me deixou bem a vontade tirando todas as duvidas, hoje viajo em Hotéis que nunca iria ficar e na data que EU quero e não que o rci me indicava, o melhor de tudo posso ficar poucos dias e mudar de hotel .......

no rci isso nao era possível, eu tinha na marra que ficar uma semana no hotel.

Na europa eu pude andar por tudo e com roteiro de Vários Hotéis. Marcelo Silva / São Paulo

Review about: Vidanta Vacation Ownership.

Mayan Palace - New Pitch: Cancel Maintenance Fees....Just pay us $ up front!

2.9
Quality of Food

We've been owners of a Mayan Palace T/S since 2005, and have faithfully paid maintenance and other fees every year. On our 1 week visit this past April, we were offered tix for a show to sit thru a"brief 90 minute presentation to see what they had to offer", and the changes at the resort.

First, they tried to upsell us to the Bliss bldg for over $39K, then the Grand Mayan bldg for $22K. We kept saying no, no, no. After 5-6 hours, they took us to the avuncular Gary R. who had a different pitch.

"Get rid of your yearly maintenance fees by paying us $4,800. " It was now over 7 hours, we're both in our 70s, and we were exhausted and brow beaten, so we signed. After considering this "great deal", I went back to the office to cancel a few days later. The woman at the desk kept me waiting for over an hour.

Finally, another high pressure sales guy came out, trying to re-sell the "great deal. I had had it,and said just cancel the *** contract and left. Of course, they billed my credit cards. When I disputed the charge, AMEX said we had signed a contract, and the charge was valid.

I will not pay AMEX - yes we did sign the contract, but they may as well put gun to our heads. That is not a valid contract. Plus, they gave us nothing of PRESENT VALUE - the value would accrue over many years of not having to pay mainitenance fees. So, WHY does VIDA not refund the money???

It's unfortunate that they run the business this way, because the resort is beautiful and the staff (EXCEPT for the sales and contract con artists) are helpful.

PS I have been to other T/S pitches at other resorts, but VIDA takes the rotten cake for unbelievable pressure. Stay away!

Review about: Elimination Of Future Yearly Fees.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I liked: Resort, Pool, Building.

I didn't like: Timeshare sales, High pressure contract.

Comments

Unfortunately Mayan Palace is one of the most fraudulent resorts!!!! I also had a bad experience with them, the way they treated me, and all the lies i've heard.The worst thing is that once you fall into their scam tactics it's almost impossible to get out.Here's a list of complaints about this resort i've found recently,you should take a look: http://www.timesharescam.com/timeshare-complaints-resorts-black-list/3-mayan-palace-timeshare-complaints/Don't give up, i still have hope that sooner or later we are going to make a difference against those thieves.

You should have demanded a written cancellation acknowledgement from Vida Vacations prior to departure. Why are you denying payment to AMEX? AMEX must provide payment to Vida Vacations.

Mayan Palace espantosa experiencia

Hace 3 años mi esposo y yo fuimos de vacaciones a México, e ingenuamente compramos lo que para nosotros era una inversión y oportunidad de negocio, pero en realidad terminó siendo nuestra peor pesadilla. Primero intentamos rentar nuestras semanas como nos habían dicho, pero lo único que conseguimos fue que nos volvieran a estafar, un año después mi marido enfermó y se nos complicaron los pagos así que quisimos venderles de regreso nuestra membresía como ellos nos había dicho que podríamos hacerlo, pero nos dijeron que eso no era posible, así que les dijimos que entonces ya no deseábamos la membresía porque no podíamos costearlo y nos dijeron que no solo no podíamos, sino que también nos penalizaría.

Fue la peor pesadilla yo estaba muy angustiada por la salud de mi esposo y además tenía que preocuparme por pagarle a estos abusivos rateros de Mayan Palace.

Entre mis conocidos, hay una pareja que pasó por una situación similar *** un tiempo compartido y me recomendaron la compañía Mexican Timeshare Solutions, dándome buenas referencias y explicándome como los habían ayudado, sin dudarlo los contacté y como ya tenía referencias los contraté inmediatamente, para mi buena suerte fueron nuestra salvación, cancelaron nuestro tiempo compartido y evitaron que siguiéramos pagándole a esos rateros. Espero mi testimonial sea de ayuda para otros vacacionistas y piensen 2 veces antes de involucrarse *** estos rateros, desconsiderados.

Mayan Palace Awful Experience

3 years ago me and my husband acquire a membership with Mayan Palace, we think that could be a great idea to invest on a timeshare We wanted the cancellation but the resort denied that possibility while in the timeshare presentation the salesperson told us that we could cancel whenever we want it, of course it was not true. Bad treatment and a misleading membership , the first year was fine , then the problems started when we received a extra charge from a service that we didnt used it.

The cost of the maintenance fees, totally is a crazy price and out of our possibilities. I think that Mayan Palace resort is one of the worst places in the world. We found Mexican Timeshare Solutions on a timeshare users group website and we hire them.

I highly recommend Mexican Timeshare Solutions if you want an honest, responsive means of getting rid of your Mexican timeshare. Mexican Timeshare Solutions took no money upfront .I paid them after they sent me documentation from the Mexican court that my timeshare was revoked You dont have idea how much I battle with those people to let me go out, all was my fault for not read the contract in time, but now friends you know it, so stay alert.

Alexandria, Virginia, United States #1318730

The same garbage you posted yesterday on Redweek. Just a bold advertisement for MTS that is written in broken English. Word for word the same thing.

Resolved: Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam

Km 48 Cancun Playa del Carmen, Carr. Federal, 77710 Riviera Maya, Q.R., Mexico 2 comments
Resolved

Update by user Feb 08, 2017

The company has satisfactorily resolved my issues. I hereby retract my prior comments.

Original review posted by user Feb 02, 2017

My wife and I fell for the lies that were told to us during the timeshare presentation. We want to update you on some of the lies you will be told during the presentation.

There are no fees unless you use the week. There are fees everywhere if you want to do an exchange. The only way to not pay fees is to go back to Mayan Palace at an overpriced rate. You can exchange your one week for two weeks elsewhere due to higher quality trade in value.

This is a lie. You can get two weeks by exchanging your one week only through SFX. However, you will have to pay additional fees which no longer make it worth any value. You can get Vida dollars which are good dollar for dollar on purchasing trips, goods and other items.

They only allow you to use Vida dollars to pay for a very small percentage of the price. The prices are also higher than you would pay otherwise. You also have to renew the Vida account every year to use these dollars. The renewal is 300 a year.

You can split your weeks up into days. Only one place allows you to do this and it is not through exchange. So it is no different then going and booking a room without having bought a timeshare. In summary no matter what they tell you don't believe anything they say.

They will tell you anything to get you to sign.

We were foolish enough to believe them. If you have signed recently you have fifteen days to cancel the contract.

Review about: Timeshare.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I liked: Pool.

I didn't like: Timeshare scam.

Iggyearl

5 days to cancel the contract. Has to be in writing.

Mayan Palace Vidanta Riviera Maya Vacation Ownership Review

My wife and I have been lured into 2 Mayan palace presentations over the last year: one in Puert Vallarta a second in Mayan Riviera. Modus operandi was the same in both cases: extravagant and persistent gift offers at the airport for a 90 min presentation and breakfast. In both cases we were not told with which hotel we had agreed to visit til after accepting. Always ask first and DO NOT GO to Gran Mayan. The sales group is very good at what they do and they will rip you off.

In Puerto we actually caved after a 3 hour pressure tactic. Fortunately, we did not buy a membership but we did purchase a far less expensive contract for "weeks". Later, reading over the fine print in my hotel and after reading online other people's experiences I realized we had been duped! However, we called the very next day and demanded to rescind the contract be paid back. This required is to spend another afternoon returning to the Mayan for an appointment.

Needless to say, we were not treated politely when we appeared. We were forced to wait for over an hour and ignored. Finally a guy who looked like a hit man for the mafia took us into a room and sat across from us at his desk. When we told him once again to refund us and tear up the contract he began yelling at us and threatening to sue us. My wife opened her iPhone and began to film him at which point he screamed at her and tried to grab her phone. We ran out of the room yelling to everyone that we were being physically attacked! Finally a young woman appeared and completed the contract rescind and refunded our credit card.

We were again lured into a MayN presentation at a car rental in the Cancun airport. We were tired and once again the sales guy didn't say which hotel till we agreed! We attended the presentation but made it extremely clear at the very start we would not buy anything. The presentation was still excessively long but we simply told them no not interested, over and over. Eventually we were released and we did receive our gifts. Not nearly worth the time we wasted I will add.

I have been to a number of presentations over the years and most use similar tactics but none are as hard ball as Mayan and Vidanta! Do not attend no matter what they offer because you will surely regret it.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Mayan Palace. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Mayan Palace.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Hotels and Resorts category for more informed decision or compare Mayan Palace to other companies on our site.

Mayan Palace Timeshare Fraud

Singapore, Singapore 1 comment

I bought a time share at Mayan Palace as an investment and was told I could use the equity to purchase a one or two bedroom. They have totally lied about everything they said they were going to do.

They are impossible to contact. They said they fired the manager who originally sold the time share to me I do not believe that happend. The same sales person sold my Girlfriend a time share that I heard him say they would sale her time share for exchange for hers because she was trying to get out of her old one. She signed the papers and was stucked with two.

They completely lied to her and continue to do so. She had not had any success in resolving her issue with the same time share company. She also had another couple that were friends of hers that bought and they were lied to and promised a bunch of stuff. Tired of so many lies, we found a company that cancel timeshares, we contact them for a free consultation.

They sent us a contract where was established if they do not cancel our contract we do not have to pay anything to them.

They got the cancellation of 2 of our contracts and they are working in our other contract. we are happy we the results and we want to share with others in order to avoid more injustice from Grupo Mayan.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). Tobybell is overall dissatisfied with Mayan Palace. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #1233894

When your girlfriend signed the documents, she was given a credit on the purchasing price for the timeshare she was trading-in. It takes 30 to 60 days for Vidanta Resorts (the developer of Sea Garden, Mayan Palace, Grand Mayan, Grand Bliss, and Grand Luxxe) to forward the transfer agreement to the company handling the transaction.

The transfer company then contacts the seller (usually by email) and forwards documentation for completion and signature.

When the seller returns those documents (along with the fee stated in the agreement), the transfer company begins the process which results in the transfer of the property within a year. Right to Use (vacation clubs) transfer faster than deeded properties, and those resorts with the right of first refusal take the longest time.

Mayan Palace - Wish I had checked the reviews

Garland, Texas 1 comment

What a scam. We were lead to believe that once we purchased weeks we could turn any back in that we didn't want and sell them back to the company.

What a laugh!! Don't believe anything they tell you. We spent $13,000 for three weeks and were told that we could use one and sell two back to the company each year. In fact they took the first two years, back from us as part of the purchase price, indicating that it was standard to sell weeks back to the company.

Now when I call they basically tell me I am crazy and it isn't in the contract. Yes, they are right, shame on me that I didn't' read the contract front to back before signing. Shame on me for believing that people would be ethical. NOT!

Now I have to pay over $600 to use a week that we already paid for. What a scam. One is required and the other two we can use but only if we also pay $600 for them. Sheesh.

I can stay a lot of place for $600 without paying out the $13,000 to buy in. I feel like an *** for trusting these people.

How do they live with themselves. I guess very well with all the money they scam from suckers like me.

This reviewer shared experience about not as described and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $13000. Petheridge is overall dissatisfied with Mayan Palace. The most disappointing about mayan palace vidanta riviera maya vacation ownership at Mayan Palace was timeshare sales, sales team and lies Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Comments

Try reserving a specific week. Then post that week on E-bay or some other similar service. Another option would be to give away a week as a Christmas or Birthday present.

Mayan palace ruined my life and still is 10 years later

Corona, California 2 comments

Mayan Palace has ruined my life. I believed in their false promises in return I’m stuck with this useless membership which has cost me thousands of dollars.

Mayan Palace timeshare is a SCAM! I visited Mexico. We stayed at a hotel, we went to Playa Del Carmen. In one of the shops a guy approached me and my child and asked if we could help him out by going to a 45 minute presentation at Mayan Palace.

I was pressured and tricked into signing a contract for 30 years membership with Mayan Palace. When I came back to USA I wanted to find a way to get out of the contract, but it was almost impossible. I am still paying for a 20 years and am disabled and can not used it. I have spent $15k dollars on various scams over the years with promising to sell it.

Tired of wasting our money I called a Mayan Palace and they offer to help resell the contract. They referred me to a Broker company and paid $500 and after two years this company disappeared. I am still fighting to get this cancelled. My parents died from cancer I went on this trip to calm down and be away from stress, now I have nothing, being a single mom and can not afford to do anything.

I wish I never went to mexico all I want is be cleared of this contract since 2004 and I just need help, mayan palace is full of lies, and take your money and nothing is done to help you, I have been fighting them since 2004 before I die I want this cleared no more contacts. I have nothing to leave for my child because I trusted mayan palace timeshare representative and thought I was getting a vacation package for my child and myself to enjoy life, that has not been the case since this scam got me and took all of my money. I thought I would be able to enjoy life and vacation, something I never had a chance to do since 2004 after my parents died. MY best fried died from cancer, I saved every penny and gave it all away in this SCAM IT IS NOW 2016 and my health is has gotten worst, I am still stressing over this MAYAN PALACE SCAM.

I have contacted them for years with no help from the staff , customer service department, NOT ONE CALL FROM MAYAN PALCE OR EMAIL. I have been fighting for years just to get my money back and to end this contract hopefully God will send an angel my way with a solution and my money. Life is short and nobody should have to be in a STRESSFUL situation and be ill and disabled. Immediately I called Mayan Palace only to be put on hold.

To this day still NO ONE HAS CONTACTED ME. I GOT A EMAIL TELLING ME I OWE THEM 700.00 FOR ENOVATION UPDATE .I have business cards and left several messages and emails, still till this day no one has look into and call me back. OVER 10 YEARS LATER AND NO ONE HAS CALLED ME OR EMAILED ME, Mayan Palace has ruined my life. But they still have time to send me a bill for 700.00 saying I have to pay them every five years and amount will increase, I believed in their false promises in return I’m stuck with this useless membership which has cost me thousands of dollars AND BEING DISABLED I CAN NOT USE IT.

Be careful they DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU AT ALL.

Do not get trapped by this scam.grupomayanblog@grupovidanta.com or by telephone at 1-800-292-9446.NO ONE EVER CALLED ME BACK OR REPLYED TO MY EMAILS! I got there email for 700.00 telling me I owe them by end of august 2016 for renovation update for the resort.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss not as described of mayan palace vidanta riviera maya vacation ownership. Mayan Palace needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned mayan palace vidanta riviera maya vacation ownership in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Mayan Palace.

#1196622

How old is the child in your story? We can't let them know you have children.

In the contract some time share companies will claim children under the age of 18. They then use the children around various resorts to repay the debt